基隆市稅務局-Introduction of the Bureau

基隆市稅務局

 

Introduction of the Bureau

Keelung City photo
Keelung City
 
Tax Building photo
Tax Building

Keelung City is a port city surrounded by mountains on three sides and it faces the ocean on the fourth. The city has a total area of 132.7589 square kilometers. The City is divided into seven administration districts.

During the Japanese occupancy, the Bureau was named Taipei State Keelung Tax Office. After the Restoration, administration districts in Taiwan were changed and the Bureau was renamed Local Tax Bureau, Keelung City . In January 1947, the organization of the central government was further restructured and the Bureau became Local Tax Bureau of Keelung City Government. Under the administration of the Department of Finance, Taiwan Provincial Government, the Bureau was responsible to collect various national, provincial and local taxes for the entire city. Starting from September 1992, the National Tax Administration became the body in charge of all national tax. On July 1st, 1999, business tax became a national tax. However, the Bureau continued to collect business tax on behalf of NTA. It was until January 1st, 2003 when NTA officially started to collect business tax for the nation.

The Bureau is under the leadership of the Director-General, Ou,Chiu-Hsia . The Bureau is responsible to collect various local taxes, including land value tax, agricultural land tax, land value increment tax, house tax, deed tax, amusement tax, stamp tax, vehicle license tax, and etc. The Bureau also collects construction beneficiary fee for other institutions.

Everyone in the Bureau believes that we should respect taxpayers and we will continue to innovate ourselves for better efficiency, hoping to provide taxpayers with convenient taxpaying services and collect the funding required for public construction.